Infrared Sauna Treatments
Benefits Of Infrared Sauna
At NNY Massage clients can enjoy a 15, 30 or 45 minute infrared sauna session to promote relaxation, detoxification, weight loss, and a host of other health benefits.
Each of our private sauna sessions also includes Chromotherapy Light Therapy to help encourage deep healing while activating the sweat glands and eliminating toxins. And the sauna also has an O3 ionizer.
Why Is Infrared Better Than Traditional Saunas?
Infrared is an invisible form of energy that is accepted by the body as heat. The heat from an infrared sauna has the ability to penetrate the surface of the skin and gently heat the body from within, providing your body with overall radiant warmth.
A traditional steam sauna simply heats the air around you, creating a very hot and uncomfortable environment that can sometimes be difficult to breathe in.
Because an infrared sauna uses infrared heating technology to radiate heat from within the body, its sauna environment can remain at a lower temperature than traditional steam saunas. Whereas traditional steam saunas climb to temperatures between 185°F and 195°F, infrared sauna temperatures are more tolerable, typically ranging between 110°F and 140°F.
One liter of sweat lost during a traditional steam sauna session contains approximately 3% toxins; in an infrared sauna, it contains up to 20% toxins.
The Benefits of Infrared Saunas
Studies show that one 30-minute infrared sauna session can burn up to 600 calories. As the body works to regulate its core temperature, attempting to cool itself in response to the infrared heat, it experiences an increase in heart rate, metabolic rate and cardiac output.
Also, since body fat becomes water soluble at 110°F, fat molecules can be released through the pores during an infrared sauna session.
Infrared wavelengths provide deep penetrating heat therapy to joints, muscles and tissues by increasing blood circulation and speeding oxygen flow to areas of discomfort.
Doctors often recommend infrared heat therapy to patients with arthritis, fibromyalgia and other chronic pain conditions. Infrared therapy is also widely used among athletes for relief from sports injuries.
According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, about 80% of all illnesses have environmental and lifestyle causes. In recent years, researchers point to the amount of toxins we’re exposed to daily—industrial chemicals, food additives, heavy metals, alcohol, drugs, caffeine—as a leading cause of disease. An inability to lose weight is also frequently associated with the body’s level of chemical toxicity.
Perspiration is a natural way of expelling these toxins from the body. Infrared saunas generate a sweat nearly 700% more detoxifying than traditional steam saunas.
Detoxification via infrared sauna therapy is commonly recommended for those suffering from chronic fatigue syndrome, multiple chemical sensitivity (also known as environmental illness), and fibromyalgia.
The removal of toxins from the body through perspiration is a key component to achieving healthy, radiant skin.
Many infrared sauna users have reported a reduction in fine lines and wrinkles as well as improved skin tone and elasticity. Infrared therapy may also help burns and incisions heal faster and may make scars less visible.
Because of its ability to heal and rejuvenate skin, infrared therapy is often recommended for the treatment of skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, acne and cellulite.
Stronger Immune System
A weakening of the immune system is one of the many physiological effects of long-term stress. Stay healthy by taking advantage of the natural preventative properties of infrared.
Infrared heating technology aids in cell health, muscle recovery and overall immunity defense. Heat charges the immune system by promoting blood flow and oxygenation and increasing lymphatic drainage. This, in turn, slows the multiplication of viruses and bacteria in the body, thus aiding in the prevention of illness and infection.
Circulation & Cardiovascular Health
The increased heart rate and cardiac output associated with infrared sauna therapy demonstrate how infrared sauna sessions also benefit the circulatory system. Studies indicate that regular use of an infrared sauna will improve cardiovascular health by lowering both systolic and diastolic blood pressure.
Best Practices When Using An Infrared Sauna
* Please arrive on time for your appointment.
* Ensure your body is free of excess oils, lotions, make-up and perfume before coming to sauna. Clean skin will ensure optimal absorption of infrared wavelengths.
* To ensure the health and safety of our guests, plastic water bottles should not be used inside the sauna. Stainless steel or glass water bottles with caps are permitted.
* Please be sure to remove all footwear prior to entering the sauna.
* Sauna doors are made of glass – please handle with care. Once you have completed your session, please be sure the door closes behind you to ensure the room stays warm for the next guest.
* Be mindful of others. If you have chosen to sauna with a friend or loved one, please keep conversations and music/movies to a considerate volume.
* Cellphones – Please silence your ringer and refrain from talking on your phone while in session as it may disrupt the experience of other guests. Texting is permitted (without volume) and social media check-ins are encouraged! It does get warm and NNY Massage is not liable for broken phones due to Sauna use.
* Upon completion of your session, we kindly request that you place any used towels and robes in the designated laundry receptacle.
* Be mindful of where you place your jewelry and valuables. NNY Massage is not responsible for lost items.
* Hydrate! It is recommended that you drink 4 oz of water before sauna and 8 oz after.
* Infrared sauna therapy is at your own risk. Please consult with a doctor regarding any medical conditions that may disqualify you from sauna use.
* Relax and enjoy the radiant warmth of your infrared sauna experience!
Don't forget to check-in on Facebook and tag NNY Massage or #nnymassage on Instagram.
15 Minute Sessions ........ $10
30 Minute Sessions ........ $20
45 Minute Sessions ....... $30